Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Silky Smooth

With nothing to do with ourselves on a Monday evening, my insane boyfriend and I headed to Lay Bare Waxing Salon to get our very first Brazilians.

Sure, I've had my legs and armpits waxed before, so I have a relatively good idea of how much it hurts. But then I think every person has to go through a Brazilian at least once in their lives, and it was our time to do it.

Nervous? More than ever
Determined? YES!!

It would've helped if the ladies in the salon would've eased our discomfort by a few words of encouragement.. something like, "Don't worry, it won't hurt as much as you think" or "We have a special way to make it NOT hurt" or whatever will get my blood pressure down. But I guess they were just so used to doing it everyday that they didn't care if the customer was a waxing virgin or a masochistic regular. They probably have the worst job one could possibly have too, so I don't blame them for not giving a shit about me.

I've never been to a gynecologist, and so it was my first time to expose my most sacred parts to a total stranger. Just to make it clear, a bikini wax aka "Charlie Chaplain" is just the sides. A BRAZILIAN, is every single strand down there, yes, all the way around the ass.

Anyway I guess it's just a matter of getting past the initial discomfort and letting it happen. It gets even more unnerving when she tells you to turn on your belly so she can do around your friggin asshole. I asked her (in tagalog of course) if a customer's ever farted while she was doing this, she laughed and said "hindi pa naman". Hey, at least I made her laugh.

I, on the other hand, was laughing and on the verge of tears throughout the whole process. Of course it hurts. It hurts like a m*therf*cker, especially as she goes nearer to your most sensitive part that I need not name. There's a reason you have the option to go "Charlie Chaplain", and a very good reason indeed. I don't know if I could do it again.

WHY IN THE WORLD DID GOD GIVE US PUBIC HAIR IN THE FIRST PLACE?!! -- was all that was screaming in my head.

Well anyway, I finished it, and now it's a whole new world to me. Feels much cleaner, looks almost childlike (note: ALMOST), and its silky smooth.

I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like for a guy!!

Good luck to me when the hair begins to grow!

Updating my life's TO-DO list:

BRAZILIAN WAX, check!

No comments: