Monday, January 19, 2009

2009.. The year of the ?

I begin every new year with a list of To-Do's. I like to keep them as simple and realistic as possible because I really do subconsciously tune my brain to completing them before the year ends. Last year I listed things like:

stay with my job til the end of the year-- check!
grow my hair -- check
go to siargao -- double check
learn to surf -- check

Of course I dont get to do everything on the list. I didn't get to go to Vigan or Sagada, and I failed miserably at staying single. But you can't have everything in life. And besides, there's always next year.

And so I begin 2009 on a high note.

First step: CUT MY HAIR.
2 weeks ago, I went from this:
TO THIS: So yeah, from the longest hair I've ever had, to the shortest so far. It's a refreshing change, even if someone thought I was a dike, even if I look like a boy. I like it.

I want things to change this year. It's the year of the ox. It's MY year. I'm turning friggin 24. Time to earn myself some money that will give me a future. Time to face the reality that I still have absolutely NO idea what to do with my life. I've been in this anxious mental state for quite some time now, which explains why I had such a hard time writing down my 2009 goals... so here they are, open-ended, and in question marks.
  • Stay with my low-paying job and attempt to reach sales targets for a very minimal amount of commission incentive?
  • Go international, but where? Australia? To work or to study? To do what? To study what?
  • Start a business here?
  • Buy yourself a car?
  • Europe with Abe?
Okay okay.. remember, SIMPLE things. Yes, these I can do:
  • Keep your hair short
  • Take care of your relationships: Love, family, friends
  • Make more friends
  • Find a new sport/hobby
  • Get a tattoo
  • Stay fit -- run more
  • Stick to no beef/pork diet
  • Save money -- BUDGET
  • Find alternative ways to earn money
  • LOCATIONS: Sagada, Vigan, Pagudpud, Lanuza, Samar, Siquijor
Sucks to be lost. But hey, as Reality Bites said it best:

"The only person you should be at 23, is yourself."

I wish it was just that easy.

Here's to another year fellas. Cheers!

No comments: